CATMA (Computer Assisted Textual Markup and Analysis) is a practical and intuitive tool for text researchers. In CATMA users can combine the hermeneutic, ‘undogmatic’ and the digital, taxonomy based approach to text and corpora—as a single researcher, or in real-time collaboration with other team members.
Just go ahead and try it out!
CATMA’s key features are:
- Support of digital text in almost any language, incl. right-to-left scripts (e.g. Arabic, Hebrew, Japanese)
- Full integration of annotation and analysis functions in a web browser
- Web-based collaboration for easy exchange of documents, annotations, and Tags
- Freely definable or pre-defined Tags that can also be shared
- Interactive natural-language searches across text, corpora, and annotations
- Automated statistical and non-statistical analytical functions
- Built-in visualization of search results and analyses
- Analysis of complex text corpora in a single step
- Context-sensitive help function, tutorials, user manual, and help desk